Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
An exciting opportunNity exist for you to be a part of the Diamond Trading Company Botswana (DTCB) team to implement its 2026 Strategy. If you are motivated and inspired by a transformation journey to unlock diamond value, DTCB offers you the chance to be a part of this journey towards a high performing organization.
Education: Degree in Finance, Commerce, or equivalent
A member of the Executive Management team and reporting to the Managing Director.
- Responsible for providing financial leadership and driving financial performance by maintaining strong financial controls, processes, risk management and effective governance through the implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines. Ensures completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of all finance reporting both internally and to the Group. Provide strong commercial partnering to the business through co–ordinating demand driven planning with producers.
- This role also provides comprehensive financial analysis, support, and strategic advice to facilitate effective decision making throughout the organisation.
Key Performance Areas
The successful candidate will be responsible for among other things:
- Finance Function Management
- Financial Analysis & Reporting, Consolidation, Audit, Financial Reporting and Tax Management
- Budgeting, Forecasting & Planning
- Treasury/Cash flow management
- Supply Chain Management
- Risk, Governance and Control
- Stakeholder Management
- Talent Management
- Safety, Health, and the Environment
- Degree in Finance, Commerce, or equivalent and/or
- A Qualified Accountant with CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent preferably with experience in an audit environment
- At least 10 years post qualification experience in financial management 5 years of which must have been at executive management level
- Experience in developing risk management strategies
- A good working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience gained in a Mining, Processing, Manufacturing and Production environment would be an added advantage.
- Strategic thinking and compliance oriented
- Ability to build and motivate teams and to work in an environment which requires flexibility, adaptability, and agility
- Proven ability to develop, recommend and implement financial systems, processes, and strategies
- Commerciality with the expertise in developing financial models to facilitate performance analysis as well as strategic planning
- Change leadership
- Excellent collaborative, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Innovative, attention to detail and quality assurance minded
Submit your application and a copy of your latest CV, ID, certified educational certificates & membership registration clearly marked Chief Financial Officer on the email subject line to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 10th March 2023.